Johnny L. Brooks, CPA – Managing Director
Mr. Brooks founded Brooks & Associates CPAs, LLC in October 2003, and has been the primary force responsible for the Firm’s accelerated growth. He is a seasoned professional with extensive experience in all fields of financial management, including: audit, attestations, and internal control review services, especially within the Public Sector. Mr. Brooks has served as an engagement partner, project manager, and subject matter expert on a myriad of engagements of various size and complexity within the federal government. Mr. Brooks also serves as the Firm’s Chief Executive Officer. Additionally Mr. Brooks has also served as the lead instructor for over 25 internally developed financial management training courses. These courses have been taught for over 35 Federal agencies and thousands of its employees and contractors nationwide.
Prior to starting Brooks & Associates, Mr. Brooks spent twenty-five distinguished years as a federal employee. He began his career as a National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) recruited Co-op student. Upon Graduation from Albany State University with a Bachelor of Business Administration, Mr. Brooks was hired as a Junior Accountant by NOAA. During the twenty plus years of his federal career, Mr. Brooks served in managerial positions at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the U.S. Office Personnel Management, the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Department of Commerce – NOAA, and the U.S. Department of Defense.
Mr. Brooks is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA), and the Association of Government Accountants (AGA).
Angela Morton – Senior Manager
Ms. Morton serves a Program/Project Manager on large scale financial management engagements. During the past six years she has served the Company’s Program/Project Manager in very large Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) prime contract at the agencies. In this capacity Ms. Morton has been the Program Manager over 28 task order issued to the Company during the past six years. She also serves as the Project Manager on agencies’ agencies based financial management system during the past nine months. Ms. Morton also served as the Task Lead on a financial management project with the U.S. Department of Agriculture – National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA). Angela also has managerial experience working with post-secondary educational institution finance and accounting departments.
Ms. Morton is a former federal employee with significant experience in financial reporting and audit coordination, and accounts receivables.
Ms. Morton has a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Accounting from American University and is a member of the Association of Government Accountants (AGA).
Bruce Ivory, CPA- Manager
Mr. Ivory has managed federal engagements at the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), the U.S. Department of Transportation – Federal Transit Administration (FTA), the U.S. Department of Commerce – National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the Special Inspector General Report of Afghanistan Recovery (SIGAR).
- As a Manager on the NCUA engagement Mr. Ivory’s focus was on review operation procedures to ensure key internal controls were in place and the controls strengthen NCUA compliance with the Federal Manager’s Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA).
- Mr. Ivory served as a Manager on the Company’s performance of Financial Management Oversight (FMO) Reviews on behalf of the FTA. FMO services ensure that FTA can continue to discharge its financial management oversight responsibilities. This effort facilitates FTA compliance with Congressional direction to conduct independent financial assessments. FTA is charged with assisting the grantee community in meeting a high level of financial capacity needed to implement new start projects. As a manager MR. performed a wide range of FMO related attestation services including: full scope reviews, cost allocation plan (CAP) reviews, agreed upon procedures (AUP), and technical support.
- Mr. Ivory provided broad based accounting and financial management leadership support for OPM’s Revolving Fund. His primary tasks performed on this engagement involved leading the team effort to perform reconciliations and analyses centered on data integrity and the proper functioning of the agency’s internal controls.
- Mr. Ivory served as a technical lead on the SIGAR engagements. The engagements are incurred cost compliance audits in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) cost standards.
- Mr. Ivory has a Bachelor’s of Business Administration (BBA) from Albany State University, in Albany, GA. He is a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Maryland, and is a member of the Maryland Associations of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA).
Hana Getachew, MBA – Manager
Ms. Getachew has over 10 of year experience as an accountant/auditor. She has served as a Senior Accountant and Manager at the Federal Transit Administration (FTA), the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services – Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), SIGAR, and the Washington Area Metropolitan Transit Authority (WMATA) extensive experience in performing attestation services on behalf of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).
- Ms. Getachew was a member of the Brooks Team that performed a wide range of FMO related attestation services including: full scope reviews, cost allocation plan (CAP) reviews, agreed upon procedures (AUP), and technical support.
- At HRSA Ms. Getachew performed data analytical of grantee’s financial ratios;
Ms. Getachew served as a technical lead on the SIGAR engagements. The engagements are incurred cost compliance audits in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) cost standards.
- At WMATA, Ms. Getachew performed a myriad of internal audit tasks including FMO Readiness Assessment Results – An Internal Assessment, Post Echo Restriction Review, MetroAcess Review/Metro Access 3rd. Party Service Providers Audit and Absenteeism Audit and also often serves as the lead auditor for nonprofit organization (501) audits.
Ms. Getachew has a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Accounting and Business Administration – Washington Adventist University, Takoma Park, MD July 2004; and a Masters of Business Administration from Washington Adventist University, Takoma Park, MD May 2016
Cradlyn Morris, MS – Manager
Ms. Morris has served performed the following managerial during the past ten years duties related to the:\
- Tasks pertaining the audit of Not-for-Profit entities;
- Reconciling and performing data integrity of agency’s general ledger accounts;
- Performing data analytical of grantee’s financial ratios;
- Closing out of federal grant awards and cooperative agreements; and
- Processing commercial claims.
Ms. Morris has a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Accounting- University of Guyana-2001, a Bachelor of Business Administration- Finance- University of Phoenix- 2014, and a Master of Science- Accounting- University of Maryland University College 2017
Vera McNeil – Capture and Security Manager
Ms. Vera McNeil perform a broad range of tasks capture management and security management. As the Company’s Capture Manager Ms. McNeil’s area of responsibility include everything the Company does to raise our win probability between the time Company decides to pursue an expected government contract and the time the RFP is released. Her primary focus is for winning a business opportunity. Some of her specific duties include attending business outreaches and meetings, querying federal procurement data bases such as the General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule and Federal Biz Opportunities for procurement opportunities and the Federal Aviation Administration’s (agencies) eFAST system. She serves as the lead for proposal development and maintains contractual agreements. Ms. McNeil serves as the Company’s primary contact on teaming and subcontract agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, and all security matters.